Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised...

Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Mercy of God on My Mother

"In 1992 something happened to my mother. She started out having mental problems and it was all fear. I would call and talk to her and she would say, ‘Doyle your dad is trying to poison me.’ I asked, ‘In what way?’ And she would say, ‘Well, he’s done something to the furnace.’ I said, 'What’s he done? ' She said, ‘Well, there’s gas leaking in this house.’ So I asked to talk to Dad. When he came on the phone I said, ‘Dad, what are these stories Mother is telling me?’ Dad said, ‘Doyle you know there is nothing to them.’ ‘I know Dad,’ I said, ‘but would you do something for me? Would you call the gas company and have them check it out?’ He said, ‘Doyle I’ve done that, but for you I’ll do it again.’ One of Grandma Miller’s relatives had put the furnace in and I said, ‘Would you have George come and check that furnace?’ Dad said, ‘Doyle I had him check it but I’ll have him check it again.’ The gas company came and found nothing wrong. They said, ‘Lyle, you know there’s nothing wrong’ and he said. ‘I know but Doyle asked me to do this for him.” My cousin George came and said, ‘Lyle, there is nothing wrong with this furnace.’ He said, ‘I know George but I’m doing this because Doyle has asked me to.’ George checked it again and of course there was nothing wrong with the furnace.

I had told Dad I would call back later and see what they found out and when I called no one answered. I wondered at the time, 'What is going on, why is no one at home?’ I received a phone call later that evening and my sister said they had taken Mother to the rehabilitation wing of St. John’s Hospital. I said, 'Well what is she being rehabilitated for?' They started to relate to me about her fears and how she was accusing Dad of trying to poison her. I said, ‘I’m aware of that. Is Dad there? Let me talk to him.’ He told me about 3:00 that afternoon, the girls decided to take her to her physician and he (her physician) told them to go ahead and take her to the hospital.

I found out a couple days later that it was really a psychiatric ward they had put her in. That really made me mad. I said to them, ‘Why didn’t you tell me? She doesn’t need to be there. If you can’t help her she needs to have medication, not put her in one of those places.’ A few days later they called and told me she was having strokes and she was losing her mind and later, they called again and told me she couldn’t drink water or take ice chips, she had ulcers all around her mouth and in her mouth. ‘We don’t want her on life support and we know you don’t either.’ I said. ‘No, you’re right, I don’t.’ ‘We’re going to let her die,’ they said. ‘Well ok.’ I said, ‘just don’t take her off fluids.’ And they said, “Well we already have.” I could not believe it. ‘You’ve done what? Put Dad on the phone.’ My sister said, ‘He’s on his way back home.’ I was furious, ‘What have you all done?! Do you realize that’s like putting her out in the desert to die of dehydration and starvation?!’ I hung up that phone and went outside. I was hot! I walked over and sat on the bleachers at the ball park right next door to the church and I did talk to God. I said, ‘If my mother were a horse I would drive up there and euthanize her. This is no way to treat my mother. I have a brother-in-law who’s a veterinarian, and a nephew who’s a neurologist, and they know better than that. If it was legal, I would go euthanize her, it would be better than letting her die like that. I don’t even know if this woman is saved, in fact I don’t think she is.’

That evening my Mother started yelling and they could hear her all over that floor of the hospital; they said you could even hear her in the elevators. ‘Jesus, come help me! Jesus, come get me!’ This is a woman who never raised her voice, a very quiet woman. She kept this up for thirty minutes. And at the end of that thirty minutes, Jesus did come, and He healed all the lesions on her lips and in her mouth and she was able to drink. My sisters called me up, so excited with what had happened. The Lord said to me, ‘Do you think she’s saved now?’ I chuckled, ‘I think so, thank you.’

My Mom lived five more years and she knew me every time I went to see her. I was on my way to South Bend, Indiana for a meeting one weekend and God told me to go and see her. We were on a charter flight and we stopped in Springfield and rented a car and drove to Mt. Vernon to the nursing home. They told me she wouldn’t know me and I said, ‘That’s alright.’ When I walked in Mother said, ‘There’s my boy.’ I prayed for her that day and cast three devils out of her. When I left, God told me not to go back there. It was the last time I saw my Mother. She went to heaven, January 4, 1998.”

Posting Index

No comments:

Post a Comment