Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised...

Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Life Lived Wholly Unto God - Chapter 6: Florida

A Testament of the Grace of God on His Servant
 by Kathryn Currier with Doyle Davidson

God sent Doyle to Florida, June 1971 to manage the Turnpike Animal Clinic in Opa-Locka, Florida and was there for eleven months. Doyle knew the men that once owned the clinic and it was one of the most elite hospitals in South Florida. One of the partners had become sole owner of the practice and facility and after he had passed away, his wife took over. Doyle received a call to manage it and he believed it was right. Both Doyle and Kathy Mai have said that she and her Mom were very unhappy about this new venture, but it was God.

The area in Opa-Locka where the hospital was located was considered unsafe, to say the least. When he first moved in to his offices he was shown a sawed-off shotgun and when he asked what it was for, he was told for his protection. He told them to get the guns out of there, “I don’t need them,” he said, “Angels surround this place.” Not long after he settled in, a facility that trained dogs for protection moved in next door and he also became acquainted with John Ripa, one of the detective’s whose life, the movie French Connection was based on.

While there, he went through a period where he was not happy at all. He was treating everything from exotic cats to poodles and housecats and he was most miserable. There was a courtyard within the facility and he was walking in it and praying, talking to God and he said: “I am willing to stay here, but you are going to have to change my heart”. In a moment, the Lord did just that, and he was at peace.

Throughout those eleven months, he was practicing with only a temporary license, and he saw God do many miracles in his very diverse clientele and he also saw God perform financial miracles:

“I had asked the owner of the small animal hospital to increase my pay and I had requested 37.5% of the gross. After several days her CPA’s said they could not afford to pay me that. I knew God had sent me there, but I was considering leaving unless I received more money. I was sure it was God that instructed me to make the request for more pay. Only a couple of days afterwards I awakened at 6:20a.m. I know because I was looking at my clock, and I heard God say, ‘55% of the net,’ and I said, ‘Alright.’ I called the owner and told her what I would do. She conferred with her CPA’s and they agreed to that figure. It turned out that 55% of the net was equal to 37.5% of the gross. I was learning that God takes the wise in their own craftiness. My confidence continued to grow that God was with me.”

It was in Florida that Doyle and Patti became well acquainted with Derek and Lydia Prince which he believes was really God’s purpose for sending him there, and they had an open invitation to visit their home every Thursday afternoon when the Princes were in town. On one occasion in 1972, God had been talking to Doyle about a curse a woman had put on him. When he and Patti arrived at the Prince’s home that afternoon, they had barely exchanged greetings before Doyle told them he believed God was telling him he had a curse and where it had come from. They said, “Oh that can’t be.” He persisted, saying, “I believe this is what God is saying to me, that I have a curse on me which was spoken on me years earlier by a woman I would not allow to manipulate me.” Derek and Lydia could not believe he was cursed. For Doyle, the conversation was over and as he and Patti got up to leave, Lydia said, “Derek, there IS something here.” God was delivering him of a curse right before their eyes and Doyle realized at that moment, “I didn’t need Derek Prince or Lydia if I could hear what God was saying better than they. I knew if they didn’t even know I was cursed and couldn’t help me get free, what could they do for me?”

While in Florida he met men who had been introduced to the “Shepherding or Discipleship Movement” of which Derek also became involved with. Doyle guarded his heart and tried the spirits, not sure the movement was of God. Even after returning to Texas he continued to humble himself and for six years he considered what these men were saying, he did not want to come against God. Throughout those years, he spent hours binding witchcraft. Through much prayer and the leading of the Holy Spirit, he determined not to join this group or submit to these men, which is really what they wanted him to do. They believed he needed to be under someone’s authority and his response to them was, “I am under authority, Jesus Christ.” (You can read Doyle’s postings: Challenging the spirit of the Discipleship Movement:

Other chapters of "A Life Lived Wholly Unto God:"

Chapter 1: Early Years
Chapter 2: Heritage
Chapter 3: Like Jonah and the Whale
Chapter 4: Sell Out and Obey Me
Chapter 5: Return to the Land of Your Fathers
Chapter 6: Florida
Chapter 7: Back to Texas
Chapter 8: Israel - Called Into the Ministry
Chapter 9: Argyle
Chapter 10: Carrollton
Chapter 11: A Prophet to the Nations
Chapter 12: Water of Life Ministries
Chapter 13: Terry Mai
Chapter 14: Radio and Television Ministry
Chapter 15: Live Stream Broadcasting
Chapter 16: The False Anointing
Chapter 17: Water of Life Christian Training School
Chapter 18: Africa
Chapter 19: Medicine is Witchcraft

Posting Index

No comments:

Post a Comment