Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised...

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Two Testimonies

Friday evening September 17, 2010, Doyle and Kathie Davidson, Anthony and Misty Reece, Candace Mai and I shared a meal and fellowship at Kathy Mai’s home. In the course of conversation, Ebony’s Masterpiece, the 1962 World Champion Tennessee walking horse stallion was mentioned and Doyle began to share a testimony that many of us with this ministry have heard. The next morning in a phone conversation, Doyle said to me, “You heard a couple testimonies last night that you might consider writing.”

They were living in Tennessee after Doyle graduated from the University of Missouri, and Patti had respiratory problems and the climate in Tennessee aggravated her symptoms. They spent three months there and she was sick with sinus infections and not able to work much of the time. Although Doyle’s plan was to establish a veterinary practice in Tennessee and was well on his way, the promise of prosperity and prestige was not worth Patti’s suffering and he told her, “We’re leaving, this isn’t worth it.” At that time, he was Sam Paschal’s veterinarian, who was trainer of Ebony’s Masterpiece. The horse won the World Champion title and after the show, Patti and Kathy were with Doyle at Sam Paschal’s show ring stable and while Ebony’s Masterpiece was standing there with the winner’s lei of flowers around his neck, Sam set Kathy up on that stallion’s back and said, “You’re the first person to set on this horse since he has become a World Champion.” He was demonstrating to Doyle, “This is how nice I’ll treat you and your family”, but it would come with a price. What Sam didn’t know was Doyle was leaving the following Monday to return to Missouri, take the Texas state boards in January (which he passed) and set up a practice in Texas. Despite the protests of many who didn’t want to see them leave, they moved to Texas, February 18, 1963 and Doyle went on to establish a very successful equine practice in North Texas.

In 1969 God told Doyle to sell his veterinary practice, which he did and he went back to Sarcoxie, Missouri for a time. In May 1970 Doyle decided to go back to Tennessee and work. He talked to his brother-in-law, George Jackson who encouraged him to come work with him in his veterinary practice. Doyle knew a lot of people in the equine industry in Tennessee from his early experience there. They moved to Tennessee and again were there for about three months, however, God had another plan.

Doyle returned to Tennessee and all the while he was treating horses and working in stables, God was talking to him about being baptized in the Holy Spirit. God showed him in Ephesians 1:13 and 14 about the baptism in the Holy Spirit being a second experience to being born again:

13) In whom ye also trusted after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.

14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.”

 On July 24, 1970, while in bed at midnight, Doyle asked Patti to get him a drink of water and I know Doyle well enough to know, that was an unusual request. But Patti went to get him a drink and while she was gone, Doyle saw a plastic meter board 2-1/2 x 8 inches with 6 oriental words written on it. He was sitting up and this plastic board appeared right in front of his face and as he jerked head back from the vision, he began speaking in tongues. Patti brought back the water, and he said, “Patti I don’t need a drink, I’m speaking in tongues.”

After Doyle received the baptism in the Holy Spirit he decided he didn’t want to stay in Tennessee any longer, and thought, “I’m going back to Texas”. The day they left, they were about sixty miles down the road and the car began to act up and this was a new car. It wouldn’t run over 40 miles per hour and when Doyle looked in the rear view mirror there was black smoke rolling from the back end of the car. He pulled into a service station to have their mechanic look at it. Underneath the car, there was transmission fluid blown everywhere. They told him the seals to the transmission were leaking and would need replaced and it would take a couple days to fix. After considering this news, Doyle decided he would just turn the car around and see if they could limp back to Murfreesboro. As they eased onto the highway, Doyle soon found the car would respond to pressure on the accelerator, they began to pick up the pace and soon were cruising down the highway like nothing was wrong. He looked into his rearview mirror, and there was NO SMOKE! They made it back to Murfreesboro without incident. He said he never added a drop of transmission fluid to replace what had leaked out, nor at any other time while he had that car and he put 50,000 miles on it. He never had any repairs done on the transmission, nor any other part of the car. I asked him twice, to make sure I had heard correctly, “You mean you never added ANY transmission fluid, even immediately after the incident?” His reply, “Never.”  That would be hard to explain away. God not only corrected Doyle, and stopped him from returning to Texas, but He immediately performed a miracle with that car.

After they returned to Murfreesboro he was walking across parking lot of the apartments where they were staying and he said to God, “How can I be straightened?” The Lord spoke to him these words from Luke 12:50: “But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straightened till it be accomplished.”  Doyle knew the scriptures in Mathew 3:15: “…Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness…” and he knew to go on with God he needed to be baptized in water. The next morning, George and Joanna Hedges, who were moving from Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, stopped by the Jacksons.  Joanna was Lydia Prince’s daughter. Doyle asked George Hedges if he would baptize him and Patti in the swimming pool at the apartments and he did. The next night at midnight, God said to Doyle, “Return to the land of your fathers.” Doyle told Patti and Kathy, “We’re going back to Missouri.”  He called George and Betty the next morning and said, “I’m leaving to go back to Sarcoxie.” The Jacksons didn’t understand but Doyle said, “This is God.”

Their apartment rent was paid through the month so they left the next day. They were in two cars, Doyle in one and Patti and Kathy in the other. Just west of Cabool, Missouri, Doyle pulled off the road and Patti pulled up behind him. Doyle got out and walked back to their car and asked how they were all doing and Patti said, “God just healed me.” “What?” Doyle said.  Patti responded, “Everything just cleared up, my nose isn’t running, everything is gone and my breathing is normal” Kathy was in the car with her mother and she said it made a great impact on her. She knew her Dad was trying to obey God, and at that time she didn’t want any part of it. Her words were, “I was a rebel, I wanted God to just leave me alone. But that got my attention. I saw the results of my Dad’s obedience.”

I have heard this testimony numerous times, but Friday night I heard and saw that it was Doyle’s obedience that brought Patti’s healing. Doyle said he wasn’t even asking God to heal Patti. “I was praying,” he said, “but not about that. I was considering what I was going to do when I got to Missouri.” Doyle and Kathy both said that Patti never had any major physical problems from then on, until 1998 after she had yielded to the false anointing in 1984.

 Doyle and I have had numerous conversations since I began writing the testimonies that were shared at Kathy’s house and as Doyle continued to talk about those days, he said, “God was laying the foundation in me,” which is in Hebrews 6:

1) Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2) Of the doctrines of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

I marvel at Doyle’s humility and obedience during those days; he actually considered that the bible could be true. When everyone around him thought he was having a “mid-life crisis” he knew it was God directing him. The word says in Proverbs 8:20 “I lead in paths of righteousness, in the midst of paths of judgment.” and when he was headed back to Texas, God said, “No, you’re not going that way.”  It was necessary for him to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and be water baptized and then he was ready to “return to the land of his Fathers.”  Doyle obeyed the voice of God and God healed his wife.

These are testimonies of obedience at the beginning of Doyle's walk with the Father and he has continued to obey the will of the Father for forty years. Humility and obedience, they are key to our walk with God and I pray we are all encouraged to purpose in our hearts to “humble ourselves to walk with God.”

God Bless you,
Kathryn Currier

Posting Index 

No comments:

Post a Comment